In process of preparing for the future with the addition of our new family member, we were amplifying Austin's testosterone reserve by purchasing a mini-van on Saturday. While at the car dealership, my contractions started to become a little more regular and a little more powerful than what they had been in the past. Initially I thought these were Braxton-Hicks but became more concerned as the time passed. :) Pretty soon I knew if we didn't leave ASAP we would be in trouble so we explained our predicament to the dealer, it was pretty obvious by then though, and he said they would hold the van and our paperwork for us and he escorted us out the door, along with a few other salesmen. When we got in the truck things started to pick and I started to get really nervous. Fortunately, Chad (one of our good friends here) was at the hospital studying. We paged him and he met us at the front door of the hospital and he took the kids back home. We flew upstairs and an hour later our little angel was born! We were convinced that we were going to have a boy as this pregnancy was very similar to Hyrums. But alas, we added another girl to the crew! Introducing...........Brittan Claire!
Hyrum's gift to his baby "brother". He was devastated that it wasn't a boy - he cried for 10 minutes! He loves her to death though even though he still refers to her as "he".
The "Girls"
The CrewWe feel very blessed to have this wonderful addition and blessing in our lives! We are so grateful that she is safe and healthy! How fun life is!




16 comments:
Congrats Andrea! Now you'll have to head back to the car dealership with Britton in tow. =)
(Love her name, by the way.)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is a beautiful baby. It will be fun to meet the little sweetie (but I'll give you a little time :).
P.S. Glad you decided on the mini-van! You'll love it.
congratulations! Little girls are so sweet. Glad you made it to the hospital.
What a beautie!! (as always)
How sad for Hyrum, I didn't know he was that set on having a little brother! Is that a car he brought for his little "brother?" that makes me want to cry!
I am so happy for you guys, and wish I could be there to be a part of it all, I hate that I can't.
I am so proud of you all, and love each of you dearly!
Congratulations guys, thanks for the pictures!!
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!! the picture of you and her is just so awesome- I miss you and am so thrilled for you hun :)
Yeah! I love the pictures. I am deeply sorry that you are having to go the mini-van route...........w/ Aleese and Scott soon to join you. Oh well! I will remain strong :).
Congrats! She looks like Olivia (I think).
See ya' in a month or so! Boy are you going to get sick of me ;).
Congratulations! I'm so glad you have a blog, because no one told us she was here...
She is beautiful, like her Mama & her sisters. :) Love her name too. Wish we could come love on her.
oh, congratulations! What a cute name (claire has always been a favorite of mine!)
hope your transition to four goes well. :)
She is adorable! I am so glad she is here!!! Can't wait to see her in person!
congratulations. She is so beautiful and I love her name. You are such a cute mom! I love the picture of you holding her and I can tell there are tears in your eyes. It brings back memories of those first moments with my little ones. Hurray for girls!
I was totally joking about going into labor to get a bigger discount on your van. Congrats! I can't wait to see little Brittan.
she is beautiful! Congratulations!
you know Stephen had almost the same reaction when McKell was born. he wanted a baby brother SO bad.
I'm so happy for you all!!
I have been dying!! We got to Hawaii and didn't have internet at our first place for the first week, and now we finally got to Tripler and I got to see that beautiful baby girl!! I just want to hold and squeeze her! She is gorgeous and of course so are all of the other kids! Might I add Livvy looks so OLD!! I need to see you guys soon I miss those kids!
Congratulations, Andrea and Austin! What a beautiful addition. I'm sure Hyrum will be super protective of her despite his understandable bit of disappointment. All the best in your recovery. I only wish my labors could go so quickly! Good luck with the van.
Congratulations! She is beautiful, and hopefully Hyrum will grow to love having another girl instead of a boy!
Congratulations! She is gorgeous and I'm dying over Olivia. She has grown up so much in the past year. It's good to catch up with you guys! Miss ya!
Post a Comment