Brittan is now two weeks and two days old and we have to say that we are all smitten by her. She is a wonderful little girl, a really good natured baby. She has started to "smile", I know it's just gas or something but we like to think it's because she is as happy to see us as we are to see her. Hyrum loves to hold her, or "him", as he still sometimes calls her. The other day he told us that we needed to wait until she grows up to see if she was really a girl. OK, whatever. I think he just is hoping that because she's sharing a room with him, his testosterone will rub off on her. Goodness knows he has PLENTY of it. Hyrum loves her and gets really concerned when she cries.
Paige is our little mommy. She asks for Brittan right when she wakes up and likes to do everything from giving her baths, holding her, and changing her diaper.
Olivia likes to talk to, hold and trip over Brittan. She has done surprisingly well and loves her little sister.
I am doing great. I get some pretty good sleep at night, no complaints here. Austin and I just can't believe what a treat she is and it seems like she's always been a part of our family. It certainly seems like she's been here more than two weeks. We're grateful all went well and we are all here safe and sound.
Brittan's first real bath and all of her helpers.
She never cried through the whole thing. I think she grooves on the chaos in our house, when the kids are gone or it is too quiet she gets fussy. I'm glad she had nine months to get used to it while she was in my belly.
All clean and pretty!
Our crew.
Austin's mom csame out to visit for a few days. We loved having her here and the kids especially loved it too!
Austin taking advantage of a good opportunity.
She is delicious!
Fourth of July fun. A neighborhood scooter parade...
cute kids....
...notice the new blue van in the back...
Popcicles at 9:20am. Was it really that hot? Y'all it really is that hot here, even at 9am.




3 comments:
she is a jem! and your kids interactions with her sound so cute! I'm glad that all is well. Much love to you
Well, we love your little family. I think we almost fell out of our chairs when we saw the picture of Hyrum saluting in that sweet police uniform....or is he a train conductor....well either way its pretty dang funny. Olivia is looking so old! You need to slow down those kids before we never get a chance to see them! We love you guys and cannot wait for the next time we get together. Love, Scott (and Aleese was here too)
Loved the update Andrea!!
I just love your kids, they are so dang cute!!
I was seriously laughing when Hyrum thought the baby might grow up to be a boy!
Paige seems like the perfect little mom, it's funny that even 4 year olds have that nuturing way about them already!
I'm glad things are going good for you guys, know that we are thinking of you, and love you all very much!
Post a Comment