Sunday, July 12, 2009

Catching up part deux

This is an eternal post. My advice, get a snack and a comfortable chair. This will catch you up on our going ons up to pretty much today. I have been a terrible blogger and just thought I should let you know what the kids have been up to.
Here we are on our way to the dealership on June 20th. The truck is all clean and detailed and ready to trade in for our new minivan. I took these pictures as a farewell to the truck and how our little family looked in it. Brittan was born about 3 1/2 hours later. It was a wonderful and exciting day!


Me a couple days before I had Brittan. At Hyrum's baseball party, (the photo after this one) we went bowling and while I was up at the counter getting shoes for the kids, some guy asked me if I was planning on stealing that ball, pointing to my stomach. There is no denying it, when I am pregnant, EVERYONE knows it.

Hyrum receiving his trophy and medal. He was an awesome t-ball player!
Paige's pre-K graduation. In this picture she is celebrating with all of her neighborhood friends. They sure had fun this year.

Paige receiving her "diploma".
Paige always includes Olivia, and now Brittan, in everything. She even let her come sit with her and all her friends on the carpet during the presentation of awards. She is the sweetest sister!
Hyrum at his field day at school. We went to watch him play his games. His school had so many different stations for the kids to go to and each had a great activity for them to participate in.
He and his partner won this water relay. Go Hyrum!!!
Austin was out of town for 10 days and luckily he was able to make it to Paige's gymnastics recital. He drove from his hotel to the recital and only missed about 30 seconds of her recital - impressive and it made a little girl feel really special. Thanks for making the long haul Austin. Austin and the kids after Paige's medal ceremony.
Paige on the uneven bars.
Paige in the line up.

Paige we love you!!!
Hyrum's class won 1st place in the city's Digi Awards. His teacher, Mrs. Kleeberg, entered them with a narrative video presentation they named "When I grow up". We were so excited when they announced they won first prize. The awards ceremony was at a local high school. Mrs. Kleeberg was a fantastic teacher and helped Hyrum excell and flourish. Hyrum also won 2nd place in the science fair. His project was on lightning and static electricity. Hyrum we are SO proud of you and your love of learning. Here he is with Mrs. Kleeberg and their trophy.
Accepting the award at the high school, clips of their video project were shown to the entire audience on the huge screen in the background. It was awesome.
Hyrum's frist grade musical performance. Hyrum's friend Kyle came along for the show. It was a fun night.
Hyrum lost his first tooth. I know 6 yrs old is a little late to be losing a first tooth but I'm afraid he takes after his mom. Cute smile!!! He was so excited that the tooth fairy came to visit him.
Hyrum playing t-ball. His team was the Yankees. Both Austin and Hyrum were excited about this fact. Good form buddy!

His favorite position to play was catcher. He just loved throwing the ball.
Paige also played soccer. Her coach was the one she had a year ago, and he always gets a kick out of her. I think she deserved the most improved player award. She really played great.
We celebrated Easter Sunday at our house. We have 8:30am church so we had all of our festivities after church. Here are the kids after our afternoon egg hunt. Notice our new deck.
Best friends Paige and Mckenzie.
Shucking corn for our dinner, on our lovely new deck.
Decorating our eggs.
Pictures after church. Can you guess what happened to Olivia after the kids let go of her arms? It was one serious face plant into the grass. End of photo shoot.

Here we are before church. It is also a nice shot of my belly. I think I was 7 months along here.
What up!?!

An Easter egg hunt with our friends.



The girls at a petting farm.



Hyrum and Austin working on the tile step and entryway for our deck. The use of testosterone was impressive. They both worked really hard and we love the finished product.

Another Easter egg hunt with the girls for their music class. We have a great bunch of friends and neighbors.


Hopefully it didn't take too long to read. Now you are officially caught up, and so am I. :)

2 comments:

TOVAR said...

Good job in getting all of those activities onto the blog.

As for the bowling incident, the guy probably totally thought you were trying to steal a ball because you only looked pregnant from the belly side of things.

I did actually read everything and enjoyed every moment. Mia just asked me "Why does Hyrum's mom look different?" You should feel happy that you don't fit into the category of still looking prego months after you birthed your baby.

Swasey Times said...

My goodness! What a post. I'm so glad you guys are doing so well... and what??? a MINIVAN? I thought the day would never come for the Nelsons.