Friday, March 21, 2008

Did you know mom?

So Hyrum came up to me the other day and said, "Do you know what mom?" I replied, "What?" He said, "Do you know I like girls?" I commented and then asked him why he liked girls. He huffed as if I was either insulting him or completely ignorant of some obvious fact. He threw his arms out with his palms up to accentuate his point as he said, "Because they wear dresses and they're beautiful!"
Duh mom.
Hyrum is growing up so fast. Just three (or four?) years ago this was his Easter experience. This Easter bunny was a bit on the scary side, can't say that I blame him. I love my little boy.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I have the same picture of Clark practically leaping off that scary Easter bunny's lap back into my arms. Hilarious! Now he can't get enough of holidays or characters.

Becca said...

That's a cute story! Duh mom!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kendricks the same way proudly admitting his love for girls. I guess it's just always in them. Now girls seem to be a whole different ball game. Ask any of my girls how much they like boys. They start screaming and crying, claiming that will never happen to them!

Sarah said...

How funny, Andrea. I think I have a very similar picture with Aubrey and that scary USUHS Easter bunny.

Aubrey also tells me which boys she thinks are cute. And I must say, so far she has pretty good taste!

I read something the other day about how my reaction will affect such conversations in the future. Just chit-chatting about it like it's no big deal is good so that later in her life (when I WILL want to know which boys she is drawn to), she'll still tell me. Makes sense, right?

Aleese and Scott said...

I love what Hyrum said about girls that was so funny I laughed so hard! Also I don't blame Hyrum for crying next to that easter bunny, that is one scary bunny! Happy Easter! We love you guys!

tami said...

I'm laughing out loud right now. :)

Caleb, too, has recently taken an interest in the whole girl business. He already knows who he's going to marry and what his kids' names will be!

Amber said...

Okay- that bunny is seriously scarey!!

If Hyrum likes girls now he and Miranda would really get along :) She still says that him and Makenna are her bff's!